Monday, February 3, 2014

2/3/2014; Punta Mita

One year ago today, we arrived in Ensenada... the beginning of the journey!


After just 7 months of sailing and living aboard, I wouldn't call us "seasoned" yet...but we're  actually doing pretty good; we're always learning new tricks to make life easier. So far, we've had the good fortune to meet some great people, who enthusiastically shared their knowledge and experience with us.

 Last week in Marina Riviera Nayarit, we did get help for the repairs to the AIS, and head from our neighbor Vlad. And got wired in to Open CPN on our computer from our other neighbor Steve! Santos did a fine job cleaning and varnishing our Teak rail. We also took advantage of a weather seminar offered by the yacht club.
The sailing community does offer information and training, through free seminars on everything from weather, to insurance, to rigging, celestial navigation and many other topics.

Where do we go next? I think we'll try to do day sails, with overnight anchoring for a few days in a row, on the way to Manzanillo. But,... things change!

Punta Mita sunset


The happy crew!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Karin and Joe. Hola! I finished reading all of your blog last night. It was pretty fun for me because you've made a lot of the changes Virginia and I have made or will make. I was so inspired that I wrote an article in my blog about you and your boat. It's here:
    http://hagothlog.blogspot.com/2014/02/flyin-sideways-in-sea-of-cortez.html

    Please let me know if I can make any corrections or additions. I'll add Flyin' Sideways to the Notable Columbia 43 page of the blog.

    Look forward to reading more about your adventures. Keep up the good work.

    Brandon and Virginia
    SV Oceanus, Columbia 43
    Newport, Ore.
    http://hagothlog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, one more thing: What year was your boat built? What is the hull number? I guess that's two things.

    Eventually I'd like to do an article on the Mark III and the differences between it and the Mark I. I originally heard there were only six built, but I think there are a lot more than that. I can name about seven Mark IIIs that I've heard about.

    Thanks!
    Brandon

    ReplyDelete